Connect with us

Published

on

Eden Hazard's hidden bonuses uncovered

French outlet Le Soir published a series of reports from website Football Leaks revealing the financial aspects behind the 25-year-old’s contract

Chelsea paid a transfer fee of €35 million to Lille for the services of Eden Hazard, rather than the €40 million that was originally reported, while the Belgium international received a €2.4 million bonus for being named PFA Premier League Player of the Year in 2015, according to Le Soir.

The French outlet published a series of reports from Football Leaks revealing the financial aspects behind the 25-year-old’s contract and his international colleagues.

As well as the fee paid by Chelsea in 2012, Hazard’s salary was also leaked; the diminutive playmaker earning €4.71 million in his first season at Stamford Bridge, upping to €5 million in the second year.

Then, when the Belgian signed a new deal in 2015, his pay jumped to €12.5 million a year.

“The first contract of Eden Hazard at Chelsea tells us little,” the Le Soir report begins. “Firstly because it dates from 2012 and has since been extended.

“Next because it is less detailed. We discover however that the transfer fee between Lille and Chelsea is not €40m and is instead €35m.

“Aside from that, it also details the star’s gross salary at Chelsea for the first years (4.71 million Euros for the first season and 5 million Euros for the second). But this salary does not represent the reality because Hazard had extended his contract by three years in February 2015 (doubling, according to certain outlets, his salary, going from €5m to €12.4m).”

Hazard’s 19 goals in 52 appearances for the Blues during the 2014-15 season helped Chelsea to the Premier League title and earned him the accolade as the best player in the division. As such, he triggered the only clause in his contract – a €2.4 million bonus.

“However,” the report continues,”his first contract indicates that there was only one clause that enabled him to win a bonus and that it was quite well chosen because it stipulates that: ‘if he is chosen as player of the year, he will earn a bonus of €2.4m.'”

Following a disappointing season last time out, Hazard has struck eight goals in his 14 Premier League appearances this season under new Blues boss Antonio Conte, helping the Blues to the top of the table.

Hazard, who was named Premier League Player of the Month in October, has been described as ‘the point of reference’ by Conte, who has been impressed with the 25-year-old since his arrival in London.

“I like to see my players always involved in the project when we are playing,” Conte previously told a press conference at Cobham Training Centre. “You can see Eden is always involved in the game, not calm and off during the game.

“He always stays in the game and he’s always a point of reference for his team-mates. I think he’s fantastic for this. It’s great for us, for his team-mates to see Eden is always in the right position to receive a pass.

About verGr24.com Latest Celebrity news, Entertainment News Today | Est. 2016 Catch all the Juicy News Headlines on www.verge24.com Follow us Twitter: @TheVerge24 Facebook: @Verge24 Instagram: @Verge24 Email Us: hello@verge24.com

Football News

Barcelona, Lionel Messi gives me Sleepless Nights – Antonio Conte

Published

on

Barcelona, Lionel Messi gives me Sleepless Nights - Antonio Conte

Barcelona, Lionel Messi gives me Sleepless Nights – Antonio Conte

Chelsea coach Antonio Conte has revealed that the thought of playing against Barcelona and Lionel Messi gives him sleepless nights.

The Italian’s men will host the Catalan giants in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday. According to him;

“In these days after the game in the FA Cup, I must be honest, it was a bit difficult to sleep well,” he said.

“When you have to play this type of game, you have to prepare. You have to prepare everything. You have to prepare big things, but the smaller details too.

“They can move a result a lot of the time. We have an idea. We have a plan in our heads. I think that, in this specific moment, it’s very important to pick the players who are at the top of their form and then try and do our best to win the game.”

Barcelona vs Chelsea meetings is best remembered by their semi-final meeting in this competition in 2012 when they surrendered a two-goal lead to crash out at the Nou Camp as Roberto Di Matteo’s side went on to lift the Champions League for the first time.

Lionel Messi will be hoping to score his first goal against Chelsea, having drawn a blank in his previous eight outings in this fixture.

Anthonio Conte however knows it will be difficult to keep Messi quiet. According to him,

“We are talking about the best player in the world,” he said when asked about a plan to cope with the Argentina ace.

“Messi has the capacity to solve the situation and create a chance when you are not seeing the chance to score.

“We are talking about a fantastic player. We have to pay great attention, but not only to Messi.

“We have to know that, during the game, we must be prepared to suffer. But, at the same time, we must have the idea to go and score at any moment.”

Continue Reading

Football News

Wigan Athletic Eliminates Manchester City from the FA Cup

Published

on

Wigan Athletic Eliminates Manchester City from the FA Cup

Wigan Athletic Eliminates Manchester City from the FA Cup

League 1 side Wigan Athletic stunned a 10-man Manchester City’s hopes of a quadruple with a shock 1-0 win in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Monday.

Will Grigg scored the winner for the underdogs in the 79th minute when he finished brilliantly from the edge of the box.

Manchester City dominated the match, having 29 shots and 83 per cent of the possession, despite Fabian Delph’s Red Card at the end of the first half for a high tackle on Max Power.

The defeat is City’s third of the season who had created enough good chances to win the game, especially in the first half, despite Wigan looking dangerous on the break.

 

Continue Reading

Football News

Romelu Lukaku Leads Manchester United into FA Cup quarter-finals

Published

on

Romelu Lukaku to appear in Los Angeles court today over July arrest

Romelu Lukaku Leads Manchester United into FA Cup quarter-finals

Manchester United has booked their place  in the FA Cup quarter-finals with a 2-0 win at Huddersfield on Saturday night.

It was more of a “Monkey working while the baboon eats” and a night of VAR controversy after Juan Mata’s goal was ruled out .

Romelu Lukaku found the back of the net  just three minutes after kick off and the second just after the break (55) – but it was Mata’s disallowed effort for which the game will be remembered for.

Romelu Lukaku Leads Manchester United into FA Cup quarter-finals

With VAR in use, Mata thought he had made it 2-0 just before half-time when breaking in behind and finishing past Jonas Lossl. However, after a big delay and confusion with the VAR pictures, Kevin Friend ruled out the goal as Mata’s knee was marginally offside despite the lines used by VAR not looking straight.

Huddersfield enjoyed plenty of possession and registered 19 shots on goal but United’s defence – marshalled by the excellent Chris Smalling – kept their eighth clean sheet from their last 10 matches.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular