A young man simply identified as Adakole in Otukpo, Benue State has reportedly ingested insecticide following the freezing of ponzi scheme, MMM, Daily Post reports.
The owners of MMM had on Tuesday announced that withdrawals had been frozen for 30 days.
It was gathered that Adakole had invested N300,000 saved for his wedding on December 28 and had planned to withdraw before the date.
An eyewitness said, “Kole is my childhood friend, we all grew up in Ugbokolo but when he traveled to Abuja to meet with the pastor of his fiancée, he said someone introduced him into the MMM thing but I and his babe warned him but he told us the scheme was not a scam.
“He invested the 300k he was saving for his wedding into the thing and was expecting to get the 30 per cent before his wedding on 28 of this month.