Connect with us

Published

on

French Presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron’s email hacked by Russians

Russian hackers are prime suspects in France as nine gigabytes of email belonging to the leading French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron’s campaign was thrown online, hours to Sunday’s election.

It is not clear yet the extent of the damage the leak may have caused for Macron. But he remains the frontrunner in an election billed as the most important in France in decades. Opinion polls on Friday showed he has extended his lead over Marine Le Pen, the candidate of the Far Right. Macron’s campaign email were posted anonymously on a profile called EMLEAKS to Pastebin, a site that allows anonymous document sharing.

In a statement, Macron’s political movement En Marche! (Onwards!) confirmed that it had been hacked. The statement read:

The En Marche! Movement has been the victim of a massive and co-ordinated hack this evening which has given rise to the diffusion on social media of various internal information.

An interior ministry official declined to comment, citing French rules that forbid any commentary liable to influence an election, which took effect at midnight on Friday (2200 GMT). The presidential election commission said in statement that it would hold a meeting later on Saturday after Macron’s campaign informed it about the hack and publishing of the data. It urged the media to be cautious about publishing details of the emails given that campaigning had ended, and publication could lead to criminal charges.

Comments about the email dump began to appear on Friday evening just hours before the official ban on campaigning began. The ban is due to stay in place until the last polling stations close Sunday at 8 p.m. (1800 GMT). Former economy minister Macron’s campaign has previously complained about attempts to hack its emails, blaming Russian interests in part for the cyber attacks. On April 26, the team said it had been the target of a attempts to steal email credentials dating back to January, but that the perpetrators had failed to compromise any campaign data.

The Kremlin has denied it was behind any such attacks, even though Macron’s camp renewed complaints against Russian media and a hackers’ group operating in Ukraine.

About verGr24.com Latest Celebrity news, Entertainment News Today | Est. 2016 Catch all the Juicy News Headlines on www.verge24.com Follow us Twitter: @TheVerge24 Facebook: @Verge24 Instagram: @Verge24 Email Us: hello@verge24.com

News

Donald Trump Agrees to meet Kim Jong Un

Published

on

Donald Trump Agrees to meet Kim Jong Un

Donald Trump Agrees to meet Kim Jong Un

The United States President Donald Trump has agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the White House announced, setting the scene for a historic, unprecedented encounter.

The meeting, which would be the first between a sitting US president and a North Korean leader, will happen by May, according to South Korea’s national security adviser, Chung Eui-yong, who delivered the invitation to Trump after a visit by his delegation to Pyongyang earlier this week.
The stunning announcement is the culmination of a diplomatic whirlwind that began with the invitation of a North Korean delegation to the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. Trump’s decision to meet Kim, after a year in which the two have repeatedly traded insults, is a remarkable breakthrough — albeit one with uncertain consequences.

The South Korean delegation, which landed in Washington, D.C. for a debriefing Thursday on the North-South talks, was careful to praise Trump’s influence over the developments. Chung said the US President’s “leadership” and his administration’s pressure on the North Korean regime had “brought us to this juncture.”

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement that Trump “greatly appreciates the nice words” of the delegation and South Korean President Moon Jae-in.
“He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined. We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain.”

There are many details to be ironed out before the meeting could take place, including the location. The Panmunjom truce village in the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), one possible venue, hosted meetings between North and South Korea in the run-up to the Winter Olympics.

Continue Reading

News

Nokia 7 Plus Sold Out In 5 Minutes In China

Published

on

Nokia 7 Plus Sold Out In 5 Minutes In China

Nokia 7 Plus Sold Out In 5 Minutes In China

The first batch of Nokia 7 Plus  releases in China has reportedly sold out in 5 minutes. Can I imagine ?

As soon as the virtual shop doors opened at 10:07am, it took only 5 minutes for all available units of the new Nokia phone to be sold out.

The phone sold for CNY 2,300 for the 4GB/64GB version and CNY 2,500 for the 6GB/64GB version (that’s €239 and €318 respectively).

There will be another batch available in about a week – on March 15 at 10:07am. Chances are that the new batch will be gone just as quickly. Of course, neither HMD nor the stores will say how many phones are in a batch.

As for people not in China, we’ll have to wait until April. The Nokia 7 plus is set to cost €400 in Europe (and it doesn’t look like the Old Continent will get the 6GB RAM version).

Continue Reading

News

King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

Published

on

 King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

King Mohammed VI of Morocco yesterday underwent a successful heart surgery in France, state news agency MAP reports.

The 54-year old monarch was treated at a Ambroise Paré Clinic in Paris after he had been diagnosed with an “atrial flutter”. The surgery normalised the heart rhythm, and the king would be able to resume his duties without any restrictions.

The photo of King Mohammed VI on the hospital bed, surrounded by relations has since leaked on the internet. A full statement from MAP read:

“HM the king had on Saturday 20th January 2018 a heart rhythm disorder. The doctors of HM the King said that medical examinations carried out for this purpose revealed an atrial flutter. The ablation by radio frequency of this arrhythmia, performed today at the Ambroise Paré clinic in Paris, allowed the normalization of the heart rhythm. At the end of a rest period as prescribed by his treating physicians, HM the King will resume his normal activities without any restriction.”

King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

Statement by the medical team composed of: Dr Abdelaziz Maouni, Dr Olivier Thomas, Dr Sébastien Bloc, Dr Olivier Dubourg, Dr Ali Chaib, Dr Lahcen Belyamani. The king, who heads the Muslim world’s longest-serving dynasty, took office in 1999 after his father, Hassan II, died of a heart attack.

The political and social stability of Morocco is closely watched by Western governments as it is the only country in North Africa where jihadist groups have failed to gain a foothold, and is an important partner against Islamist militancy in terms of intelligence-sharing.

The kingdom has escaped mass uprisings such as in Egypt, Libya or other Arab countries, but protests have erupted since 2016 in some rural areas against poverty and unemployment. Morocco has averted previous protests with a combination of limited constitutional reforms, heavy policing and hefty public spending.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular