Not fewer than 11 persons have been killed in multiple bomb explosions on Tuesday night in Maiduguri, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
A reliable security source, who pleaded anonymity, told NAN that the first and second explosions occurred at about 9.45 p.m. at Mulaikalmari, some six kms away from Maiduguri.
The source said that eight persons, including the suicide bombers were killed in the attack.
Three persons were also killed and five others wounded in the third and fourth explosions, which occurred about 20 minutes later at Polo-Sabon Gari area of Maiduguri, according to the source, who said he helped in the evacuation of the victims from the scenes of the explosion.
“All the attacks occurred in the outskirts of the metropolis. It is a foiled attempt by Boko Haram insurgents to infiltrate the town.”
The source added that security teams had been drafted to the affected areas to ascertain the situation.