Connect with us

Published

on

Anthony Joshua could rematch Klitschko November 11
T-Mobile Arena is the venue promoter Eddie Hearn hopes will persuade Wladimir Klitschko to sign to have a rematch of his Wembley bout with the World Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua, Telegraph reports.

In what could be Anthony Joshua’s U.S. debut, Hearn, who according to The Sun has traveled to Las Vegas with Joshua’s manager Freddie Cunningham, has applied for a Nevada promotion license for the contest.

“November 11 is the date that’s penciled in. We’ve got a couple of weeks to get everything over the line,” Hearn said.

While Klitschko is yet to trigger the rematch clause in his contract, Hearn is certain Vegas will be the place to convince him to do so, where he last fought in 2004.

“I believe Wladimir Klitschko is going to take this fight and I really think Vegas will be the one,” he said.

If Klitschko does refuse the rematch, instead choosing to retire, Joshua will fight International Boxing Federation mandatory challenger from Bulgaria Kubrat Pulev.

An announcement of the fight is said to be expected in two weeks.

Stephen Espinoza, Head of Broadcasters at Showtime Sports, which has an exclusive television deal in the United States with Joshua, said that:

It’s no secret we’ve been salivating about getting him (Joshua) over here and certainly that would be a phenomenal fight. It would be the biggest heavyweight Vegas fight in probably a couple of decades, so we would love to host it.

It’s mega-fight wherever it is. For my money, it was the fight of the year so far. It was a star-making performance and for many here in the US, it was their introduction to Anthony Joshua. It is beginning to whet their appetite for seeing more.

T-Mobile is also where the Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor fight will take place on August 26.

About verGr24.com Latest Celebrity news, Entertainment News Today | Est. 2016 Catch all the Juicy News Headlines on www.verge24.com Follow us Twitter: @TheVerge24 Facebook: @Verge24 Instagram: @Verge24 Email Us: hello@verge24.com

Boxing

Anthony Joshua to Face Joseph Parker in March

Published

on

Anthony Joshua to Face Joseph Parker in March

Anthony Joshua to Face Joseph Parker in March

WBA and IBF champion of the world, Anthony Joshua has putten  his titles on the line in a quest to add another world title triumph to his legacy.

Joshua will box against WBO title holder Joseph Parker in a heavyweight unification clash in Cardiff on March 31.

After 20 straight victories, all by knockout, Joshua hopes to take another step towards becoming the undisputed world heavyweight champion.

According to AJ;

“I like to fight, that’s the main objective, and it’s showing I’m never shy of a competition,” said Joshua, who is a Sky Ambassador.

“He’s a respectable competitor, he is the WBO heavyweight champion of the world, so it’s like one step closer to adding a strap to my legacy. That’s what makes it exciting.”

Parker has however sworn to rip away Joshua’s two world titles by racking up his 25th straight victory. In his words;

“Anthony Joshua is in for a huge shock,” Parker said. “A couple of months ago I heard him say ‘why should I be worried about this little kid from New Zealand’?

“Well, now he’s about to find out. The world is about to find out whether AJ can really take a punch. My entire existence is now devoted to proving what the boxing world already knows.”

Anthony Joshua defeats Carlos Takam to retain WBA, IBF Titles

Joshua recorded a successful title defence, a 10th-round stoppage victory over Carlos Takam in front of a massive attendance at the Principality Stadium in October.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Tyson Fury Cleared to Resume Boxing

Published

on

Tyson Fury tests positive for cocaine

Tyson Fury Cleared to Resume Boxing

Former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury who tested positive to a banned steroid in February 2015,  has been cleared to continue his boxing career after accepting a backdated two-year doping ban.

Despite accepting the backdated two year ban, Tyson Fury  whose last match was a victory over Wladimir Klitschko in 2015 blamed the dope result on eating uncastrated wild boar.

The new development means that Tyson will be free to return to the ring as soon as he regains his boxing licence from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), whom have also accepted the outcome.

 

Following the decision, Fury wasted no time to call out the reigning IBF and WBA heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua, saying “where you at boy? I’m coming for you punk“.

Anthony Joshua successfully defended his world titles in October, while the other two world belts are held by American Deontay Wilder and New Zealand’s Joseph Parker.

 

Continue Reading

Boxing

Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos)

Published

on

Boxing Heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua seems to be working on his endurance and more as he was pictured on Wednesday morning working out on top of the luxurious hotel, Burj Al Arab in Dubai.

Wearing adoring white shorts, boots, and gloves, Anthony Joshua also showed off his amazing body physique for the camera.

See more pics below.

Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular