Connect with us

Published

on

WBA orders Anthony Joshua ordered to defend Title against Luis Ortiz
The World Boxing Association (WBA) has ordered British heavyweight Anthony Joshua to defend his title against Cuba’s Luis Ortiz.

The 27-year-old, who also holds the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and Internation Boxing Organizations (IBO) titles, had been due to face Wladimir Klitschko in a rematch of their April bout that Joshua won via an 11th round knockout.

However, the Ukrainian retired on Thursday ending all hopes of a rematch between the duo.

The WBA says Joshua and Ortiz have 30 days from August 3 to agree on the fight.

Joshua, who beat Klitschko at Wembley in April, has also been told he must face IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev before December 2 or risk being stripped of his belt.

There had been plans for Joshua to fight Klitschko in Las Vegas on 11 November and Ortiz’s manager, Jay Jimenez, has said his fighter could fill the void.

Ortiz, 38, has 23 knockouts from 27 wins, while Pulev, 36, has one defeat in his 26 fights, with 13 stoppages.

Joshua holds two of the four major belts, with New Zealand’s Joseph Parker the WBO champion, while American Deontay Wilder has the WBC belt.

About verGr24.com Latest Celebrity news, Entertainment News Today | Est. 2016 Catch all the Juicy News Headlines on www.verge24.com Follow us Twitter: @TheVerge24 Facebook: @Verge24 Instagram: @Verge24 Email Us: hello@verge24.com

Boxing

Tyson Fury Cleared to Resume Boxing

Published

on

Tyson Fury tests positive for cocaine

Tyson Fury Cleared to Resume Boxing

Former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury who tested positive to a banned steroid in February 2015,  has been cleared to continue his boxing career after accepting a backdated two-year doping ban.

Despite accepting the backdated two year ban, Tyson Fury  whose last match was a victory over Wladimir Klitschko in 2015 blamed the dope result on eating uncastrated wild boar.

The new development means that Tyson will be free to return to the ring as soon as he regains his boxing licence from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), whom have also accepted the outcome.

 

Following the decision, Fury wasted no time to call out the reigning IBF and WBA heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua, saying “where you at boy? I’m coming for you punk“.

Anthony Joshua successfully defended his world titles in October, while the other two world belts are held by American Deontay Wilder and New Zealand’s Joseph Parker.

 

Continue Reading

Boxing

Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos)

Published

on

Boxing Heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua seems to be working on his endurance and more as he was pictured on Wednesday morning working out on top of the luxurious hotel, Burj Al Arab in Dubai.

Wearing adoring white shorts, boots, and gloves, Anthony Joshua also showed off his amazing body physique for the camera.

See more pics below.

Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos) Boxing Champ, Anthony Joshua Goes Training on Top of Burj Al Arab (See Photos)

Continue Reading

Boxing

Deontay Wilder Can’t Wait to Dethrone Anthony Joshua

Published

on

Deontay Wilder Can't Wait to Dethrone Anthony Joshua

American professional boxer, Deontay Wilder has over and over again called out Anthony Joshua, and in fact this time pleaded with his rival not to delay a potential match-up.

Even though there are rumours that Joshua is trying hard to avoid the American but there are also gists of on going talks between Joshua and Wilder’s camp in what will be a world heavyweight championship unification fight “this week”.

The reigning WBC champion Wilder has confirmed the on going negotiations but pleads with the IBF and WBA ‘super’ champion Joshua not to keep him waiting for to long.

According to Wilder;

“We have them in a corner and we are going to smoke them out, and make them fight us,”.

“I don’t want to hear about Joseph Parker. Everybody wants Wilder vs Joshua right now, why wait? Anything could happen to either of us, that’s life. You’ll make the people miss out on the biggest fight in the world.

“Anything I say, the response is from Eddie Hearn, not Joshua. My message is to Joshua: I am ready.

Deontay Wilder Can't Wait to Dethrone Anthony Joshua

“Eddie is scared of this fight. He wanted me to fight Dillian Whyte instead of Joshua. I would have no problem fighting a peasant like Dillian Whyte but I want Joshua at the other end of the bridge, when I cross it.

“How long does it take him to get ready, physically and mentally? He’ll need the time. I’m ready now.

“I just want to find out who is the best. I want to prove that I am the best. If people say Joshua is the best, I want him right now. I declare war.

“I talk my talk to walk my walk – I mean every word I say, and I say what I mean. I will knock Joshua out. Don’t wait, make the date, mate.”

The American is unbeaten in 39 matches after successfully defending his WBC belt against Bermane Stiverne last weekend, days after IBF champion Joshua extended his record to 20-0 by beating Carlos Takam.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular