Connect with us

Published

on

Saraki’s Office explains sack of 98 Aides

Last Thursday, news broke that Senate President Bukola Saraki had allegedly fired 98 of his 300 staff, starting social media discussion on what Saraki needs 300 staff for.

While briefing journalists on Thursday, Saraki’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu confirmed that some staff were let go, adding that most of the officials affected were those posted from the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC), who were deployed back to the service.

Olaniyonu said the move is not to cut cost, but to increase efficiency of the office, and also determine who will fit into Saraki’s plan for the Senate.

PUNCH reports that he declined commenting on the number of aides fired.

“It is entirely his (Saraki’s) discretion to determine who works with him, those who are helping his agenda, and those areas where gaps need to be filled. This is important for the efficiency of the office.

It is not a negative thing; it is to ensure that the office is more invigorated and better positioned. It is possible some new people may also be joining in areas lapses have been observed.

It is good for a public official like the Senate President to have given everybody the opportunity to serve. The last 26 months were good enough to determine who would fit into his agenda for the next 22 months of the lifespan of this Senate.

The restructuring that has just taken place on the workforce in the Office of the Senate President being reported as mass sacking in the media was meant to reposition the office for service delivery, the outcome of which has affected three categories of members of staff in different ways.

The first category of workers are those that have been found capable and competent to continue with their job, like all the entire members of the media unit.

The second category of workers are those earlier seconded from the National Assembly bureaucracy to serve in the Office of the Senate President but now directed to go back to their civil service job, like the Head of Administration, Folashade Adigun.

The third category of workers are those whose services within the last two years were not all that satisfactory in the eye of the committee set up by the Senate President to carry out the repositioning exercise of his office,” Olaniyonu said.

The Senate President had directed that a “comprehensive human resource audit” be carried out in his office in December 2016.

About verGr24.com Latest Celebrity news, Entertainment News Today | Est. 2016 Catch all the Juicy News Headlines on www.verge24.com Follow us Twitter: @TheVerge24 Facebook: @Verge24 Instagram: @Verge24 Email Us: hello@verge24.com

News

Donald Trump Agrees to meet Kim Jong Un

Published

on

Donald Trump Agrees to meet Kim Jong Un

Donald Trump Agrees to meet Kim Jong Un

The United States President Donald Trump has agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the White House announced, setting the scene for a historic, unprecedented encounter.

The meeting, which would be the first between a sitting US president and a North Korean leader, will happen by May, according to South Korea’s national security adviser, Chung Eui-yong, who delivered the invitation to Trump after a visit by his delegation to Pyongyang earlier this week.
The stunning announcement is the culmination of a diplomatic whirlwind that began with the invitation of a North Korean delegation to the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. Trump’s decision to meet Kim, after a year in which the two have repeatedly traded insults, is a remarkable breakthrough — albeit one with uncertain consequences.

The South Korean delegation, which landed in Washington, D.C. for a debriefing Thursday on the North-South talks, was careful to praise Trump’s influence over the developments. Chung said the US President’s “leadership” and his administration’s pressure on the North Korean regime had “brought us to this juncture.”

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement that Trump “greatly appreciates the nice words” of the delegation and South Korean President Moon Jae-in.
“He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined. We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain.”

There are many details to be ironed out before the meeting could take place, including the location. The Panmunjom truce village in the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), one possible venue, hosted meetings between North and South Korea in the run-up to the Winter Olympics.

Continue Reading

News

Nokia 7 Plus Sold Out In 5 Minutes In China

Published

on

Nokia 7 Plus Sold Out In 5 Minutes In China

Nokia 7 Plus Sold Out In 5 Minutes In China

The first batch of Nokia 7 Plus  releases in China has reportedly sold out in 5 minutes. Can I imagine ?

As soon as the virtual shop doors opened at 10:07am, it took only 5 minutes for all available units of the new Nokia phone to be sold out.

The phone sold for CNY 2,300 for the 4GB/64GB version and CNY 2,500 for the 6GB/64GB version (that’s €239 and €318 respectively).

There will be another batch available in about a week – on March 15 at 10:07am. Chances are that the new batch will be gone just as quickly. Of course, neither HMD nor the stores will say how many phones are in a batch.

As for people not in China, we’ll have to wait until April. The Nokia 7 plus is set to cost €400 in Europe (and it doesn’t look like the Old Continent will get the 6GB RAM version).

Continue Reading

News

King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

Published

on

 King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

King Mohammed VI of Morocco yesterday underwent a successful heart surgery in France, state news agency MAP reports.

The 54-year old monarch was treated at a Ambroise Paré Clinic in Paris after he had been diagnosed with an “atrial flutter”. The surgery normalised the heart rhythm, and the king would be able to resume his duties without any restrictions.

The photo of King Mohammed VI on the hospital bed, surrounded by relations has since leaked on the internet. A full statement from MAP read:

“HM the king had on Saturday 20th January 2018 a heart rhythm disorder. The doctors of HM the King said that medical examinations carried out for this purpose revealed an atrial flutter. The ablation by radio frequency of this arrhythmia, performed today at the Ambroise Paré clinic in Paris, allowed the normalization of the heart rhythm. At the end of a rest period as prescribed by his treating physicians, HM the King will resume his normal activities without any restriction.”

King Mohammed VI of Morocco undergoes Successful Heart Surgery in France

Statement by the medical team composed of: Dr Abdelaziz Maouni, Dr Olivier Thomas, Dr Sébastien Bloc, Dr Olivier Dubourg, Dr Ali Chaib, Dr Lahcen Belyamani. The king, who heads the Muslim world’s longest-serving dynasty, took office in 1999 after his father, Hassan II, died of a heart attack.

The political and social stability of Morocco is closely watched by Western governments as it is the only country in North Africa where jihadist groups have failed to gain a foothold, and is an important partner against Islamist militancy in terms of intelligence-sharing.

The kingdom has escaped mass uprisings such as in Egypt, Libya or other Arab countries, but protests have erupted since 2016 in some rural areas against poverty and unemployment. Morocco has averted previous protests with a combination of limited constitutional reforms, heavy policing and hefty public spending.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular