Connect with us

Published

on

Tottenham signs Fernado Llorente from Swansea
Tottenham have sealed the signing of forward Fernado Llorente from Swansea on a deal which runs until 2019.

Spurs reportedly beat Chelsea to the signature of the 32-year-old, who has been capped 24 times by Spain.

Verge24 understands Spurs started negotiations to sign the 32-year-old late on Wednesday and agreed terms with Swansea on the deal on Deadline Day morning.
IMG_20170901_005129_edit
Swansea manager Paul Clement had said he was confident of keeping Llorente at the Liberty Stadium earlier this week but did admit “something can come out of absolutely nowhere” ahead of Deadline Day, and the Swans have managed to re-sign former player Wilfried Bony as a replacement.

Llorente joined Swansea from Sevilla last summer and scored 15 goals during his debut season in the Premier League, helping the Swans retain their top-flight status.

He previously played under Chelsea boss Antonio Conte when the pair were at Juventus, having previously made over 300 appearances for Athletic Bilbao.

Llorente had not featured for Swansea this season, having broken his arm while cycling on holiday.

“I’m very, very happy to join Tottenham, an amazing club,” Llorente told the Spurs website.

“I can only say that I come here to help Tottenham to win titles. I think they are working very, very good in the last years.

“I am 32 years old but I want to learn everyday.

“I think I can learn a lot of things off Harry (Kane) and all the players.

“I can learn with (Mauricio) Pochettino a lot and I am going to do my best here.

“I think I can do more things in my career and my dream is to do that here at Tottenham.”

About verGr24.com Latest Celebrity news, Entertainment News Today | Est. 2016 Catch all the Juicy News Headlines on www.verge24.com Follow us Twitter: @TheVerge24 Facebook: @Verge24 Instagram: @Verge24 Email Us: hello@verge24.com

Celebrity News

Lionel Messi welcomes Baby #3

Published

on

It's a Goal!!!: Lionel Messi & wife Antonella Roccuzzo expects third child

Lionel Messi welcomes Baby #3

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has again proved that he is a sharp shooter after he confirmed the birth of his third child.

The Argentine pulled out of the Barça squad due to face Malaga in La Liga on Saturday due to the big news.

Messi confirmed the arrival of Ciro on Instagram, publishing a photograph of the newborn holding his father’s hand and revealing that everything had gone well.

Lionel Messi welcomes Baby #3

“Welcome, Ciro!” Messi wrote. “Thanks to God, everything went perfectly. Mother and baby are doing really well. We are super happy.”

Barcelona announced that Messi had withdrawn from the game in Andalusia for “personal reasons” and it was later reported in the Catalan press that his wife, Antonella Roccuzzo, had given birth earlier in the day.

Messi and Antonella, who got married last summer in their native Rosario, already had two sons, Thiago, 5, and Mateo, 2.

Continue Reading

Football News

Mohamed Salah Hopes to Score against Manchester United

Published

on

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United: Tight Affair at Anfield

Mohamed Salah Hopes to Score against Manchester United

Mohamed Salah would be looking forward to getting at least a goal against Manchester United when they meet this weekend.

If Salah will complete a remarkable record of scoring against all the top six sides in the English Premier League this season.

The Egyptian is the joint top scorer in the division with 24 goals, which include strikes against Manchester City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal, with the Red Devils the only side missing in the top-six list.

Sarah, 25, is willing to complete the haul in Saturday’s encounter at Old Trafford.

Recall that the summer signing fired blank against Jose Mourinho’s side when both sides clashed in October’s draw; a tie most remembered for David De Gea’s stunning save from a Joel Matip effort.

“I remember it [De Gea’s save]. I also missed an easy chance in that game, but he is great,” Salah told Sky Sports.

Continue Reading

Football News

Neymar Fractured Metatarsal & Sprained Ankle

Published

on

Neymar Fractured Metatarsal & Sprained Ankle

Neymar Fractured Metatarsal & Sprained Ankle

PSG forward Neymar will miss the Champions League last-16 second-leg tie against Real Madrid after being diagnosed with a fractured metatarsal and a sprained ankle.

The 26 year old Brazilian was injured during Sunday’s Ligue 1 win over Marseille. Statement from the club revealed that Neymar suffered “a sprain of the right ankle and fissure of the fifth metatarsal”.

However, how long he would be out wasn’t disclosed.

Neymar joined PSG for a world record £200m fee from Barcelona last August and has scored 29 goals in 30 games.

 

PSG are 14 points clear of second-placed Monaco in the league and on 6 March will host Champions League holders Real Madrid, trailing 3-1 from the first leg.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular